During the first quarter of 2017, users around the world have spent $ 15 billion in the App Store and Google Play. This is 45% more than a year earlier. This information was released by App Annie.
Last year games earned 81% of total app stores (both App Store and Google Play) income. Given that we can assume that the earnings of mobile games for the first quarter of 2017 amounted to $ 12.5 billion.
App Annie also revealed that:
- The number of downloads from Google Play is 135% bigger compared with iOS;
- The number of downloads from Google Play per quarter has exceeded the last year’s results by 20%;
- Users spent 40% more money at Google Play than a year ago;
- The number of downloads from the App Store has increased over the year by 5%;
- Users spent at the App Store 100% more than at Google Play;
- Users spent at the App Store 45% more than a year earlier.