What’s the cost of mobile app development? The cost of developing applications for iOS, Android or Windows Phone is determined by two main criteria.
- The first criterion is the contractor. For example, if you live in the US and order an application from local developers, then its cost will be 2-3 times higher than if you turn to specialists from Eastern Europe.
- The second criterion is the complexity of the application. The more features it has and the more difficult it is to implement, the more expensive the application will be.
Let’s take a look at the cost of app development across different countries
The high price does not necessarily mean quality, when it comes to the development of mobile applications. This is clearly seen if you take a look at the salaries of programmers from around the world and compare them.
Requests of developers of approximately the same qualification for 1 hour of working time:
- USA and Australia ($50-150). Cost of a simple application: from $15 000.
- United Kingdom (£60-70). Cost of a simple application: from $19 500.
- Western Europe (€60-70). Cost of a simple application: from $19 500.
- Eastern Europe ($25-50). Cost of a simple application: from $7 500.
- India ($8-30). Cost of a simple application: from $5 700.
The cost of an application in Eastern Europe
A simple app requires 1-2 months of development or 300 working hours, a more complex app will take over 4 months. The average cost of developing a mobile application in Eastern Europe starts from $7500.
How much time does the app development take?
The process of creating an application for iOS, Android and other platforms consists of several consecutive stages. Terms at each stage may vary depending on the complexity of each case.
- Free estimation (1-3 days)
- Detailed reviewing, analysis of the market and competitors (1-5 days)
- Writing of technical specifications (5-15 days)
- Design (5-15 days)
- Programming (18-60+ days)
- Testing (5-10 days)
There are three groups of apps based on the terms of development:
- Simple apps – appro 300 working hours (1-2 months) – the cost starts from $3 000.
- Mid complexity applications – approx. 500 working hours (3-4 months) – the cost will be around $4 000-6 000.
- Complex apps – approx. 600 working hours (over 4 months) – the cost starts from 6 000$.
In complex applications, you can use parallel programming, when several programmers work on one application simultaneously. This allows to speed up the development process.
However, there is always “But”. The initial estimation may not include additional challenges that may occur in the development process. Writing a detailed technical description will speed up the evaluation process, as well as assure it’s accuracy.